GCET or Gujarat Common Entrance Test is held for admitting suitable candidates into the MBA or Master of Business Applications and MCA or Master of Computer Application courses. The full-time courses, as well as three-year evening courses, are made available through this exam. The GTU or Gujarat Technical University conducts this state-level management test. Numerous prominent institutes and universities of the Gujarat state consider the scores of this entrance test. It was first conducted in the year 2002. This article offers detailed information about GCET 2018.
Also Read: Indian Army Recruitment 2018
GCET 2018 Eligibility
All those who are wishing for admission in the management courses through GCET 2018 must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must be graduated from an instituted and university recognized by the central or state government.
- They must be originated from Gujarat.
- Candidates who have obtained their graduate degree of at least three-year duration from a non-Gujarat institute or university, but have cleared the class twelfth exam from a school situated in the state of Gujarat will have the eligibility to apply for the exam.
- At least fifty percent marks must have been secured by the candidates in their graduate degree.
- A relaxation of five percent will be given to the candidates of the reserved category. Hence, a minimum of forty-five percent must have been secured by such candidates.
- All those who will be appearing in the final year exam of their bachelor’s degree may also apply.
- All those who do not reside in Gujarat, and has passed the qualifying exam from the non-Gujarat state will have the eligibility for getting admission in the private unaided universities or institutes through the management quota. The same applies for Gujarati-NRI candidates.
- The candidates belonging to the non-resident Gujarati category will need to provide certain documents at the admission time. These documents include the domicile certificate in either applicant or mother or father’s name, passport or birth certificate of the parent, or the school leaving certificate.
- In accordance with the Income Tax Act, the Gujarati-NRI candidates will belong to the NRI category. Such candidates will need to produce the above-mentioned documents.
- The relaxation in percentage given to the reserved category candidates will also be applicable for the Kashmiri Migrants’ wards. The requirements pertaining to domiciliary will not be applicable to such candidates.
GCET 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
- Candidates will need to refer the GTU’s official portal, and from there, they will have to open the web page named ‘integrated course’.
- The home page of the portal will contain a tab named ‘GTU Help Centers; at the left side. Candidates will be able to open the list of the help centers for integrated MBA that takes part in the admission procedure.
- The details regarding the general guidelines and admission procedure of the integrated MCA and MBA can be obtained by the candidates at these centers.
- Guidelines to apply online:
- The official portal of the Gujarat Technical University must be opened first.
- The tab named ‘Application Form’ will be present at the home page’s left side. This tab must be clicked.
- The required information, such as first, middle and last name, mobile number and email id must be filled in correctly. A username, as well as the password, will be emailed to the candidates on the email id given by them.
- For editing the application, the tab named ‘login’ present at the top right corner must be clicked after the application form is opened.
- Candidates will be directed to the online form after providing personal information. In the form, they will need to fill their permanent and communication address, basic demographic information and three institutes or college for admission in accordance with their preference.
- After completing the above step, the academic details like SSC, exam seat number, year and month of passing the qualifying exam, total marks, HSC, stream, education board, marks obtained etc must be filled in.
- The following documents must then be uploaded one by one: sign and the photo of the candidate, mark sheets of the HSC and SSC exam, transfer certificate, physical disability certificate (for physically handicapped candidates), and caste certificate.
- The application fee must be submitted by utilizing the hyperlink labeled ‘Fee Payment’ present at the bottom of the web page.
- The following steps must be followed for making the fee payment:
- Candidates must first enter the state of the intuition or the corporation, type of the institute or corporate and the name of the educational institute.
- They must then choose the category of the payment, and enter the name of the applicant and the course being applied for.
- After entering the application number and the personal details, the payment mode must be selected.
- The payment reference number must be collected at the end.
- The online application form must then be filled by using this reference number.
- After the payment of the fee, candidates will need to fill in the name of the branch of the SBI bank where the payment is made (N.A. must be written if the online payment mode is used), challan date and the transaction reference number.
- After completing the above step, the form must be submitted.
- Candidates will need to visit the help center after submitting the form. They must carry original documents with them while visiting the center for document verification. The user id must be kept safe for future usage.
GCET 2018 Exam Pattern
There will be two sections in the question paper of the GCET 2018 exam. The pattern of these two sections is discussed below:
- There will be eighty questions in this section.
- Sixty-four minutes will be given to complete this section.
- It will contain three parts, which are logical & analytical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and English language skills.
- Each section will include thirty questions.
- This section will consist of twenty questions.
- The total duration of this section will be sixteen minutes.
- It will contain questions from General knowledge.
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct response, and one mark will be taken for each incorrect one.
GCET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be made available on the official portal of the GTU. Candidates will need to log in using their user id (obtained during the application form filling procedure) and the password to access it. The hall ticket is an important document, hence must be kept securely.
GCET 2018 Result
The result of the GCET 2018 exam will be accessible on the university’s official portal. It must be printed out for future references.
- The marks secured by the candidates in the GCET 2018 exam will form the basis of their shortlisting for admission.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified of the group discussion and interview rounds, and will be allotted schedules of the same.